About the role
Only current employees may apply for this job.
As part of our vision to ensure that every child, young person and adult in Ceredigion will be able to reach their full potential we are adopting an integrated service delivery model that will combine a range of current services and teams into early intervention, prevention and through age specialist services. This model will cover 4 main service areas:
- Initial Contact services – which will be the single access point into Porth Ceredigion Integrated Services for residents and external agencies
- Porth Ceredigion – will be the decision making hub that will triage and determine the level of need for all cases and the best outcomes for those individuals.
- Porth Cymorth Cynnar – will provide early help, prevention and intervention services with the aim of identifying need and offering support before issues and concerns become too great.
- Porth Cynnal – will provide specialist services for all clients based on need and not age, including support with Substance Misuse, Mental Health, Extended Support, Safeguarding and Planned Care.
This Corporate Manager role sits within Porth Cymorth Cynnar and provides an exciting opportunity to influence sustainable change and to ensure that progress is made to deliver this transformational agenda.
The Corporate Manager – Porth Cymorth Cynnar – Wellbeing Centres will be the lead manager and advisor for Y Porth Wellbeing Centres. Responsibilities will include the following services and functions:
- Leisure Centres and Swimming Pools
- National Exercise Referral Scheme (NERS)
- Active Young People programme which involves working with young people between the ages of 5 to 19
- Disability Sport Wales programme which aims to develop community based sporting and physical activity opportunities for disabled people.
- Active Communities – developing sustainable club structures across the County
- Day/Evening opportunities to access a range of intervention and prevention services
- Porth y Gymuned and Community Connectors – provide support to individuals and families to access advice and assistance from appropriate services and groups within their own communities.
The successful applicant will:
- apply strong management and leadership skills to ensure the effective and efficient management and delivery of Y Porth Wellbeing Centres;
- ensure that access to services which improve health and well-being are available at a range of locations;
- develop and improve these services, adopting a responsive approach to identify ‘unmet needs’ with a view to maximising resources and outcomes for citizens;
- provide early support and prevention to individuals at a disadvantage, including those who may be at risk and those who encounter challenges in their lives;
- lead, motivate and encourage services and teams across numerous sites;
- work collaboratively with corporate colleagues to develop and meet the vision for the integrated services model.
- have the ability to develop strong and trusted relationships, both internally and externally, with other agencies and partners.
Our ideal candidate will also have a proven ability to think creatively and innovatively and to communicate these ideas and developments to others in order to transform and embed a culture change across services.
Job Description and Person Specification