About the role
Only current employees may apply for this job.
As part of our vision to ensure that every child, young person and adult in Ceredigion will be able to reach their full potential we are adopting an integrated service delivery model that will combine a range of current services and teams into early intervention, prevention and through age specialist services. This model will cover 4 main service areas:
- Initial Contact services – which will be the single access point into Porth Ceredigion Integrated Services for residents and external agencies
- Porth Ceredigion – will be the decision making hub that will triage and determine the level of need for all cases and the best outcomes for those individuals.
- Porth Cymorth Cynnar – will provide early help, prevention and intervention services with the aim of identifying need and offering support before issues and concerns become too great.
- Porth Cynnal – will provide specialist services for all clients based on need and not age, including support with Substance Misuse, Mental Health, Extended Support, Safeguarding and Planned Care.
This Corporate Manager role sits within Porth Cynnal and provides an exciting opportunity to influence sustainable change and to ensure that progress is made to deliver this transformational agenda.
The Corporate Manager – Porth Cynnal – Safeguarding will be the lead manager and advisor across the whole integrated services model on Safeguarding the vulnerable.
Responsibilities will include the following services and functions:
- Through Age Safeguarding Services ensuring that the local authority meets it statutory obligations.
- To work creatively and strategically to develop a robust and responsive through age safeguarding service that always maximises outcomes for children and adults at risk in Ceredigion.
- To deputise for CLOs and other Corporate Managers, when required, at relevant Corporate, Regional and National Forums, including all fora relating to the Regional Executive Safeguarding Board
- To chair and support the administration of the Channel Panel
- To lead on the Violence Against Women Domestic Abuse and Sexual Violence regional strategy on behalf of the organisation
- To lead on the corporate Implementation and operation of the Signs of Safety Framework
- To manage the quality assurance and Independent Reviewing Officer (IRO) requirements
- To undertake the duties of a Responsible Individual (RI) as designated by the Authority’s Director of Social Services
As the successful applicant, you will:
- apply strong management and leadership skills to ensure the effective and efficient management and delivery of Porth Cynnal – Safeguarding.
- develop and improve Porth Cynnal Safeguarding services, adopting a responsive approach to identify ‘unmet needs’ with a view to maximising resources and outcomes for citizens;
- provide expertise and support to officers and service users that will ensure that that those who may be at risk and those who encounter challenges in their lives are safeguarded;
- lead, motivate and encourage services and teams across numerous sites;
- work collaboratively with corporate colleagues to develop and meet the vision for the integrated services model.
- have the ability to develop strong and trusted relationships, both internally and externally, with other agencies and partners.
Our ideal candidate will also have a proven ability to think creatively and innovatively and to communicate these ideas and developments to others in order to transform and embed a culture change across services.
Job Description and Job Specification