We operate a bilingual policy. All applicants are invited to apply in Welsh, any application submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application made in English.
Closing date: 22/05/2022
32.5 hours / Permanent
27,491 - 42,333 *
The Governors at Ysgol Gynradd Aberteifi are keen to appoint a committed and enthusiastic teacher who is ready to be part of a dedicated and successful team within the school to undertake teaching responsibilities within Key Stage 2.
Key Stage 2 teacher – full time, permanent starting September 2022.
‘Learning together, growing together’
‘Committed to providing a high-quality, inclusive education in an environment that enables all our children to succeed.’
1. Provide a safe and stimulating learning environment that supports the physical and emotional well-being of all our children in order to become healthy, confident individuals.
2. Give every child a flying start in life by implementing various approaches to learning that are skills based and promote engagement in their learning.
3. Encourage our children to be enterprising and creative contributors, to develop and nurture confidence, self-esteem, respect and pride in themselves and one another
4. Provide challenging, broad experiences that will enable children to contribute confidently in a bilingual society and nurture an awareness of their cultural heritage and national identity as citizens of Wales and the world.
5. Celebrate children’s achievements and continuing progress through effective assessment techniques, moving their learning forward and establishing high standards.
6. Encourage a climate of child-centred learning to ensure that our children develop the ability to learn independently that challenges them to realise and reach their full potential.
7. To develop an effective partnership with parents based on respect and encourage them to become active participants in their child’s learning.
The ability to teach through the medium of Welsh and English is essential for this post.
Note: We reserve the right to amend the application closing date.
Safeguarding and child protection are key priorities for us. We aim to support vulnerable children and young people to ensure they are as safe as they can possibly be. We and our educational establishments acknowledge that children and young people have a right to protection and will take action to safeguard their welfare. Each member of staff and volunteer is expected to share this commitment, and we will require an Enhanced Check by the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), formerly CRB.
Lifestyle savings scheme
Generous employer pension scheme
Cycle to work scheme
Learning and development
We offer appropriate challenge and support to our schools, to help them deliver first class education to all pupils, across the age and ability range. Our primary functions are as follows: